At Imago Restaurants Inc., (“Imago”) we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
How Personal Information is Collected
As a general rule, Imago collects personal information directly from you. In circumstances where the personal information that we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before we seek out this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you or implied from your actions).
From time to time, we may use the services of third parties in our activities and operations and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
Form of Personal Information Collected
We may collect information related to your visit to our website or use of our service including the internet protocol (“IP”) address and domain used to access our website, the type and version of your browser, the website you came from to access our service, the pages at which you entered and exited, affiliate log-in credentials, any website page that is viewed by that IP address and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website’s performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes.
In addition, we collect the personal information that you submit to us, such as your name, username, email address, employment history, and any other contact or other information that you choose to provide by using the “contact us,” “newsletter” sign-up, career application, or “reservation” form portion of the website.
Where you request information from us, we may use the e-mail address that you provide to send you information about offers on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have asked us to put you on an e-mail mailing list to provide you with certain information on a regular basis, or if we send you information about our offers on products and services by e-mail, you may ask us to remove you from the list at any time (using the unsubscribe instructions provided with each e-mail and on our website).
When you visit our website or log in to the service, we place a “cookie” during the sign in process on the hard drive of your computer or device to track your visit. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your hard drive through your web browser and that can only be read by the website that placed the cookie on your hard drive. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows our website to identify you and to record your login status and preferences.
Most web browsers’ default setting is to accept cookies. However, web browsers enable you to change this setting to have your web browser either notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie or automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive. If cookies are not accepted, you may not be able to access certain pages on the website. Imago partners may use other tracking technology such as web beacons, which may also not function if cookies are not accepted.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form, such as those found on contact pages or reservation forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site, whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
Third Party Website Links
Our website or email digests may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. These links are provided for your convenience only. We cannot assume any responsibility for the accuracy or form of the content, privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Imago is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
Imago collects personal information to enable us to undertake, manage and maintain our activities and operations, including:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with the products and services that have been requested;
- recruitment and hiring of new employees;
- to be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for the targeted products and services and so that we and our partners may work to improve the products and services;
- for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to be able to comply with your requests;
- to protect us against error, breach, fraud, theft and damage to our property;
- to enable us to comply with all applicable laws or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information:
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist us in the provision of services to you including, but not limited to, provisioning of product details and payment processing; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our activities and operations.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, summonses, or court orders;
- to protect the rights and property of Imago;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- if Imago is acquired by or merged with another company. Imago may disclose your information to satisfy any reasonable diligence required to effect a merger or acquisition without further notice;
- where the personal information is publicly available; or
- with your consent.
You acknowledge that providing your information to us that you are disclosing this information for the purposes of public consumption and waive any privacy rights you may have in that information.
We collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. When you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
As described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may withdraw or alter your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
Protection of Personal Information
Imago endeavours to maintain physical, organizational, technical and procedural safeguards that are commercially appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss or theft and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can ask to see your personal information. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact the office of our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Questions about this Policy
Our Privacy Officer
- Privacy Officer: James Vosburgh
- Imago Restaurants, Inc.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org